Sunday 25 August 2013

How to Resolve Forbidden Localhost WAMP Server Problem on Windows 8


Localhost Forbidden. You do not have permission to access this server.

Introduction:
As a computer enthusiast and a heuristic problem analyst, I try to see and device every feasible way to proffer solutions to any problem that may surface, especially when it has to do with me and my computer problems. 

Anyway, without further ado, I am going to stop blabbing and go straight into the reason why you are here reading this blog. This was a personal problem I faced while working on a web application on my demo localhost server. And as I praised myself earlier, I solved it still with my laptop specifications and server settings. So, you might want to follow the exact instructions on this page for a near 100% result.

Problem:
At this point you have installed WAMP on your personal computer and you are trying to access the index.php (i.e. the start or welcome page) of WAMP through a browser on your system using the regular URL we all know http://localhost, and you are faced with the annoying FORBIDDEN message as shown on the screenshot below: Read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...